The Tulloch story began in 1838 when James Tulloch arrived in Australia from his homeland of Scotland and settled in Camberwell. James’ grandson, John Younie (J.Y.) Tulloch owned the Branxton General Store and accepted an unusual settlement of a debt – a 43 acre property in nearby Pokolbin. Tulloch took an immediate liking to the property and the five acres of neglected Shiraz vines it contained and undertook his first foray into viticulture and winemaking.
By the 1920’s J.Y. had established himself as the largest vigneron in the Hunter and began the tradition of quality and excellence that is now synonymous with the Tulloch name.
The Tulloch Verdelho and Pokolbin Dry Red label lead the charge in a portfolio of premium wines that draws on the ability to produce wine styles for all generations.
Tulloch has achieved a 5 Star Winery rating by James Halliday for the past three years – ranking it among “the best of the best”.